Hopeman Community Association is looking for a Hall Keeper to manage the Memorial Hall bookings.
Apply by: Saturday 7th August 2021, Start date: mid-September to mid-October (after a handover and training period).
The hall keeper / keepers needs to be personable, friendly and approachable at all times. He/she should be physically able to complete the tasks required in job description. Availability and flexibility to facilitate hall use (i.e. opening, closing, cleaning etc) is key to the role. Although the current, outgoing Hall Keeper is one individual, we would accept interest from couples, or two individuals. In this case, one person must be the lead responsible.
- Take bookings for the hall and keep running diary of bookings, informing users of any costs involved
- Lay out and erect tables, chairs etc for hall use as required and then put them away
- Clean /sanitise floor, tables, chairs, toilets and doors
- Comply with and make those booking aware of safety and current health guidelines
- Check oil levels on a regular basis and arrange delivery if required
- Liaise with Hall Treasurer regarding who has booked hall so invoices can be sent
- Liaise with Hall Convener, if issues arise around building maintenance, emergency repairs etc
- Open hall for contractors as required
- Carry out periodic checks for legionella and record details
No experience is required for the position. Training and a full handover will be given by the current Hall Keeper.
Due to nature of the position a monthly stipend is paid to the Hall Keeper.
To apply, or for more information:
please email John Bray at email@example.com